Where Should I Place My Bridge

Do I measure from the edge of the nut is facing the tuners&headstock or from the edge of the nut that is facing the frets????

And the stewart macdonald fret calculator doesn't have the bridge placement for their version of the Badass style bridge so should I use the placement for the TOM style bridges????

:D

Fret placement has nothing to do with the type of bridge you're using. The calculator will tell you where to cut for slots based on how long the scale is going to be. The bridge itself will have instructions on where to place it with regards to the scale length.

The calculator gives you the measurements to the mounting screws of different bridges. So you can't use the measurements for different bridges as the positions of mounting screws are different.

Buying or borrowing a copy of "make your own electric guitar" by Melvyn hiscock would be a good idea.

As has been said before the scale it the length of the string that vibrates. So you need to position your bridge the saddles scale length away. This will be bifferent for each different type or model of bridge that you wil use. My only suggestion would be to set the bridge so that the screws that effect the string length (if this applies to your bridge) are about half way in. After measuring the scale (this depends on the neck that you are using) I would mark it all carefull onto the body, and double check it.

Read through the forums and gt a bit of knowladge of how it is supposed to go together as especialy if you don't have much knowladge on the subject you could find something really obvious that I had never thought of before.

Good luck.

This calculator calculates where you place the bridge as well as where you place the frets.

*shrug* I don't use that as a hard-and-fast. For TOMs, I mark out the scale length, and put the treble side 1/8" further from the nut, and the bass side 1/16" further than that. I dunno if it'd be different with your wraparound, since they use different/larger mounting studs.

The calculator gives you the measurements to the mounting screws of different bridges. So you can't use the measurements for different bridges as the positions of mounting screws are different.

Buying or borrowing a copy of "make your own electric guitar" by Melvyn hiscock would be a good idea.

OK thanks

my library has the original version