Melting Binding

fire and probably paint stripper. What exactly are you trying to do, something sinister?
:D Yeah I'm gonna strap binding all over my body and poor acetone on it and light a match to protest globalization.

Yeah really I just want to make binding gap filler.

What brand/stipper type?

Will lacquer thinner work.

Edited by Stiffy

• 2 weeks later...

I melt the Stewmac ABS plastic binding in acetone and use it for binding glue - if that is what you are using it for. I use small bits of scrap, cut up in about 1/8" inch pieces. I usually save any shavings from scraping and throw that in too. I put in a small glass jar with some acetone, and stir it often (every 20 minutes or so) and I find that it is usually ready to use in about 3 hours. I try to get it about the consistancy of maple syrup, thick enough that it doesn't run too bad. I use a small paint brush, paint it into the binding channel, and press the binding in place and tape it with masking tape. Leave it for about 12 hours.

I melt the Stewmac ABS plastic binding in acetone and use it for binding glue - if that is what you are using it for. I use small bits of scrap, cut up in about 1/8" inch pieces. I usually save any shavings from scraping and throw that in too. I put in a small glass jar with some acetone, and stir it often (every 20 minutes or so) and I find that it is usually ready to use in about 3 hours. I try to get it about the consistancy of maple syrup, thick enough that it doesn't run too bad. I use a small paint brush, paint it into the binding channel, and press the binding in place and tape it with masking tape. Leave it for about 12 hours.
dayum thats makes more sense. It aint gooey after a week, so stir every 20 minutes for 3 hours must be the trick thanx.