Suggestings On Jointing With Limited Tools

You can joint with the router table if you have a bit with a cutting length long enough to reach the thickness of your stock.

Just set the outfeed fence 1/16" or so closer to you than the infeed fence, and line up the cutting surface of a straight bit (preferably 1/2" shank) dead even with the outfeed fence. When you run your two mating pieces through the table, flip one of them upside down just in case your bit is not set at 90.0000 degrees from the table surface (that way one will have the opposite tiny angle of the other one and it'll still joint well).

Here's a page with pics.

I've done it all with handplanes. Of course, in the past, I've also done it with handplanes and lost a half inch of wood in the process.

Also, the stuff from my local lumber yard that is surfaced four sides is usually true enough to joint up right off. (But not always, you have to check)

Before I had access to nicer tools, I simply had my uncle send the wood across the table saw with a good fence, taking off as little as he could, then I sanded the whole thing with a long (around 3 foot) straight aluminum beam I picked up from the scrap yard and stuck a bunch of 60 grit on with spray adhesive. Clamped things to a flat work surface to ensure that everything came out square. Worked rather well. With a long beam, the work goes pretty quick.