Making Cream Plastic White? *white* Soapbar Covers/minibucker Rings?

I'm using a minibucker in the neck of my build. (Regular bucker in the bridge) I use them frequently but usually pickguard mount them, but that's out because of the carved top.

The chrome rings I've seen are just out, that's just too much extra chrome for this build. So I'm mocking up with different plastic rings. I've got a bunch of rings for each p'up. Black works, but the white (white white, not cream) humbucker ring I've got really pops, ties in the binding and looks great.

Thing is, I can only find the plastic minibucker rings in cream and black - so I have to wonder, is there a way to make cream plastic white? Bleach? I was thinking that Krylon spray paint for plastic, I've known folks who've used it with success, but I feel like paint may not be the most durable solution. Maybe I can melt white plastic binding with acetone, and blend it into the plastic ring?

Any ideas?

The other option is that these rings seem to be exactly the same size as a p-90 soapbar cover. Seems like if I could find a white soapbar cover, (which seems like it'd be easier to find than a mini-bucker ring) I could make one of these rings out of it. But I've had no luck there either. Anyone got any leads? I've checked the usual places.

Nevermind I posted thinking you just wanted regular white pup rings and Brian sells those. I don't think he has smaller ones, you could always email him, he might be able to get ahold of some, but it might take a bit of time, best of luck in finding what you need. If you want a regular white one for the bridge he has those, for the other one I have no ideas. The pup rings can be carved to match your top, he doesn't have carved top white ring, but if yours is a from scratch build you might have a slightly different curve than that of those curved top rings, so you might be better off going with the slant rings and fitting them to your needs. I bought the white ones a while back because I didn't like cream. I believe thats how I found this forum.

Universal Jems- Pickup rings

Edited by jmrentis

Perhaps you can carve a set of mini-humbucker rings out of wood, and paint them white.

I would imagine paint would adhere better to wood than plastic.

I recently made a set of mini-hb rings from ebony. The trickiest part was cutting out the center of the rings

with a coping saw.

DJ