Carvin Neck-Through Neck [NT6K]

I just finished unpacking my NT6K neck from Carvin .. Oh my lord! This thing is too good to be true!

The fretwork is unbelievable, the inlays are spot-on, the nut is great, the truss rod cover is sweet. This thing just rules all around! Highly recommended from me.

I figured this neck would have a scarf joint, but to my surprise, it's one-piece! And the volute is awesome!

The only bad thing about it is that the heel is way too big - it tapers from the 18th fret to the 15th. But I'm gonna fix that. :D

I like the thickness of it - not as beefy/round as my LP, but not as thin as a Wizard.

Two thumbs up! B)

the heel is fine as is.the heel on mine is untouched,and you can reach the 24 fret without feeling it at all.if you must modify it,be careful,because too much cutoff will affect the stability of the neck.

if it is for a strat or similar guitar,just take off enough to match the body lines.

the heel is fine as is.the heel on mine is untouched,and you can reach the 24 fret without feeling it at all.if you must modify it,be careful,because too much cutoff will affect the stability of the neck.

if it is for a strat or similar guitar,just take off enough to match the body lines.

I will be careful. I'm thinking of making it a "longer" angle. Right now, it's abrupt - a 3 fret taper. I plan on blending it over at least 5 frets.

But then again, it'll depend on the body. Not sure what shape I'm going for yet.