what do you think?

rob

Right my band got its first 2 gigs soon(yay!) BUT we need a PA(damm)

We'll be playing to about 200 poeple so I was wondering if any one has any sugestions for a cheap one or if this will be enough.

Thanks, Rob

P.s any tips for live playing and recording your live gig would be helpful, Thanks!

i'd say find somewhere (on the mainland would make sense) and try it out..but thats probably why you're asking us...

but i think for a first gig you could try renting a PA from somewhere as then you don't have to worry about whether it was a waste of money or not.

RE: tips for recording...don't put the mic on the floor as all you'll hear from the drums is a beep! i found out the hard way.

GOOD LUCK

PS. where abouts are the gigs (specifically)?

Ok, thanks man. Well the gigs are on the Isle of wight, and the first ones at the local school, and the second ones at a local club called the squadren, Thanks again, Rob

Yeah theres String guitar centre of Ryde an Music central of Newport, oh and teaks(but not many guitars just fenders and yamahas, but good for accsessories) and that in newport too, but apart from that, it mail order!

Right my band got its first 2 gigs soon(yay!) BUT we need a PA(damm)

We'll be playing to about 200 poeple so I was wondering if any one has any sugestions for a cheap one or if this will be enough.

Thanks, Rob

P.s any tips for live playing and recording your live gig would be helpful, Thanks!

I guess you're using it for vocals only?

Depends very much on what amps you use elsewhere, and how loud you turn em up.

My band used to run 150watts of vocal PA, which had to complete with a TA Bass amp (also 150W), a 100W Roost guitar amp and a drum kit. Best bet is to try and go for a bit more power and then set up and listen from the front with a long lead, and try to get it all in balance.

• 3 weeks later...

tips:

check your leads before you play, my bro and i and my mates were playin at the school for about 800ppl, and his pedal was unplugged! so i ended up with no rhythm player, and he had a short solo which cues the singer in, and when it didnt work the singer was like wha...? i however played faster solos and louder riffing to compensate!

also, string control at high volume is critical, as the tiniest movement on the guitar and you have thump thump thru the amp!

feedback is a total slag, its position dependant, so check where you stand before if you can!

cyas

mike