Should I Buy This Guitar

wwwdotcomdotnet

I have an opportunity to buy this guitar for $500 w/ the case, $400 w/o. Its a 1997 Gibson DC with a maple cap in wine red finish, near perfect condition. I really don't need it, and it wouldn't get too much playing time, however the price seems really good, and judging on its age and condition it will skyrocket in market value over the next few years. Before you say BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd like to again say that I won't be playing it often as I my Gibson SG and the SG I built are my two main guitars. It will most likely sit in a closet for a while until I find a buyer and hopefully make some cash off of it.

I'm on the fence on this one, help me out!

010112010206010411200706204ffaf48c80b6aa62a300b45c.jpg

I have an opportunity to buy this guitar for $500 w/ the case, $400 w/o. Its a 1997 Gibson DC with a maple cap in wine red finish, near perfect condition. I really don't need it, and it wouldn't get too much playing time, however the price seems really good, and judging on its age and condition it will skyrocket in market value over the next few years. Before you say BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd like to again say that I won't be playing it often as I my Gibson SG and the SG I built are my two main guitars. It will most likely sit in a closet for a while until I find a buyer and hopefully make some cash off of it.

I'm on the fence on this one, help me out!

010112010206010411200706204ffaf48c80b6aa62a300b45c.jpg

If cash is not an option, buy it. If you consider it an investment, you have to look at it like a savings account. You will get your money back eventually. Providing you take care of it!

I think it is a good price si I would probably jump on it.

I wouldn't say "skyrocket" in value. It's a good value, but it's not the most desirable DC available. Especially if it doesn't have a figured top. Those are also 490/498 pickups in there that are now obsolete since the '57 Classics and Burstbuckers came out.

Eh, I guess I'm not really feeling this one after all. I have spent quite a bit on parts, wood, and tools to build guitars over the summer already, on top of what I spent over the last two semesters. My bank account isn't exactly bone dry right now, but its just hard to stomache dropping the cash when it will sit around being played a few times a month. Other guitars will pop up later on, plus I'll just put that money towards either making more guitars if I have time over the school year once I finish the ones I'm working on now, or I'll just save it up for a reaaaally nice guitar for a graduation present to myself :D or a trip to Europe for 3 weeks with friends, or both!