How To Get A Transparent Bandit 112 Sound

Ar-Pharazon

This sounds pretty straightforward. All I want it to reproduce the sound that my zoom g2 is producing through my amp... yes I know there are better amps on the market for this (I am looking at buying an Atomic Reactor 50w soon), but that doesn't help me with present gigging. Does anyone know what the entire frequency response of the Peavey Bandit 112 is?

I am already aware of the power amp input at the back of the amp, that bypasses the preamp... but the speaker is EQing just as much. If someone knows exactly how each of the following is shaping my sound, I would be most appreciative:

-the preamp with knobs either at 0 or at 12 o'clock

-the power amp

-the Sheffield 1230 speaker

You'd be better off not worrying about things like that. You should be more concerned with making it sound good, regardless of frequency response or amp/pedal settings.

Well if you can get a good mesa boogie mark IV sound out of a bandit I'd like to hear it...obviously I'm be facetious there but what you don't seem to get is that I already have my good sound... I switch between a Marshall JCM 800 sound, a Fender twin reverb sound and a Mark IV sound during the set. I can't take all these amps around with me and my Bandit is the most portable amp I have so I figured until I get my Atomic amp I would still try and play. Our band is anything but one dimensional and part of this is to do with the guitar sound. Any purist knows that your not going to play any funk or blues with a Mark IV and in the next song you are certainly not going to be attempting palm muted power chords with a fender twin. Compromise is not an option.

What I am trying to do is make it sound transparent... because good depends on what type of music you are playing... if you are playing a kyuss song it hardly calls for sparkling treble refinement.

You'll have a hell of time doing that...the speakers are usually "voiced" in combo amps to colour the sound and add character. You'd be better off with a keyboard amp!

Yeah I know, I just thought someone might have had some sort of inside info on the thing...I managed to get the full notes the the recording sessions from master of puppets by asking similar questions about Lars drums mic'ing elsewhere on the net. Fleming Rasmussen was the one who eventually posted up the records he had kept of the sessions...

anyhoo... the search continues...