Trying To Sell My Guitar

I recently finished a very unique project. I built it with intention of selling it to a serious collector who thought they had seen everything. I have tried ebay, twice. I have shown it on most of the more popular guitar forums not that this one isn’t popular but targeted sites for guitar enthusiast. I’m not getting to the people I want. does anyone have suggestions of where to list this thing? thanks.

Eric

good1-1.jpg

I agree, anything slightly "wacky" or different from the norm, no matter how good or bad it is will only have a very select fan base. That's why artists have exhibitions, so that people that like that particlular artist can see a collection of their work....& often several artists with similar styles will exibit together.

It is only recently that luthier's & effects makers such as Zachery Vex, James Trussart & Tony Zemaitis have found their products becoming mainstream because they were seen as boutique & slightly off-the-wall....unfortunately for you they're relatively conservative. :D I think that you need to create a buzz, a bit of hype. Maybe send it into a guitar magazine for a review or even just some photo's & a write up about yourself & the instruments. I'm sure they'd love to feature something a little different.

I agree, anything slightly "wacky" or different from the norm, no matter how good or bad it is will only have a very select fan base. That's why artists have exhibitions, so that people that like that particlular artist can see a collection of their work....& often several artists with similar styles will exibit together.

It is only recently that luthier's & effects makers such as Zachery Vex, James Trussart & Tony Zemaitis have found their products becoming mainstream because they were seen as boutique & slightly off-the-wall....unfortunately for you they're relatively conservative. :D I think that you need to create a buzz, a bit of hype. Maybe send it into a guitar magazine for a review or even just some photo's & a write up about yourself & the instruments. I'm sure they'd love to feature something a little different.

Yea, thats a good idea, didn't think of that. Thanks.

Eric

Agreed. Being a niche market, build 7 of 'em and send three to the big guitar magazines for free. I worked at Flowmaster exhaust for a long time. I was in charge of their Marketing. Magazine ads I wrote copy for and took pics for ran on the back cover of HOT ROD Magazine. 8 million a month circulation worldwide! Ray, the founder of Flowmaster had rubber feet and a plastic handle on the cutaway mufflers when he was promoting at the racetrack. Took a few decades, but suddenly he was KING of the performance muffler world!

Have an exceptional product and know who to sell it to! In the mean time, branch out to other markets!

Look at that freaky thing Tony DeLacugo sells!

GrnGt5med2.jpg

Not my style at all! I wouldn't pay $200 for one! I WOULD pay 3X that for a tele body with one of his flake-flame jobs! People like me pay his bills while his other creations can idle for the right buyer. Someone who DOES like the guitar I posted above!

I agree with biliousfrog. I was wondering what inspired the carvings on the guitar. They kind of look Haida/Bill Reid inspired.

:D

That’s right, I'm a huge fan of Bill Reid and Robert Davidson. Their distinctive style has influenced my North Coast artwork a lot.

Eric

very nice (what in the heck are those little baby thingy,s) :D and i would like to know how much too thanks :D

Here is the description I included with the photos at the other sites, I am asking $1,500.00

I call it “mythical dream guitar”. It was actually inspired by a dream and features North Coast Native mythical creatures. The guitar has a unique feature. I call this my “headless-head design”. I like headless guitars but I think the majority of players would rather have something on the end of the neck. So I purchased a neck with a blank head stock. I shaped it and used it to anchor the ball end of the strings. The tuners of this headless trem system accept the bare end of the string so this works nicely. The body is basswood with curly maple veneer and a cream binding. The eyes of the figures and truss rod cover are abalone. I used a light stain with a brown edge burst and lots of lacquer for the finish. The upper bout was carved in a stylized Haida design. I tried to give it a little bit of a stressed look. Like it could have been found at an ancient shamans burial site, along with the rest of his ceremonial effects. Although it looks as if they are eating each other, in North coast Native art this commonly symbolizes the sharing of spirits. Electronics are simple, one

humbucker pickup with volume and tone controls. Strings are DR Black Beauties and add a lot to the look of the guitar. This guitar is fully functional but I built it in the hope that someone will add it to their collection. It was created to be displayed. I have learned form this project and plan to do more in this style.

Eric Larson

heres a little better look at the figures

good2-1.jpg