Telebastard Project Guitar.

Hi there.

I just wanted to show off my cool (to me at least) franken-tele project I recently made.

trucktele-minihum2.jpg

Here are a couple more:

http://www.rasmusrask.dk/DIY/trucktele/trucktele-minihum.jpg

http://www.rasmusrask.dk/DIY/trucktele/trucktele-008.jpg

It is based on a cheap Peavey Generation EXP and a Crafter Cruiser neck (with amazing flame btw, look at the pic) both of which I got for cheap. I just worked on the neck a little, then bolted it to the body.

I made the pickguard myself, from 2 mm diamond plate aluminum. The pickups are: 2 US Fender singles, Dimarzio Minihumbucker and Dimarzio Tonezone. The switching is a standard 5 way (HSS) with a master volume, and the the second volume is for the minihumbucker, which can be added to any of the 5 way positions. The last switch is a momentary killswitch. (labeled "snooze".) The tuners are planet waves autotrim.

I would like to customize it some more, any suggestions are welcome.

Nice! I like the way the mini-bucker seems to fit in there without too many hassles-- and due to the cover, it blends in more with the pickguard than the single-coils, so it doesn't look all that crowded. How does she sound?

Thanks a lot!

It's a bit hard to describe the way she sounds, since she's got so many different sounds. The singlecoils sound pretty much like a strat, and the humbucker is head on raucnhy rock. The minihumbucker gives som extra grit to the singlecoils, and warms up the bridge humbucker a bit. Pretty versatile.

It has a great natural sound, very spanky and full, thanks to the alder body.

I considered a piezo, but I used to own a Parker, and I was never really into the piezo thing - it just doesn't sound that good in my opinion.

Thanks for the kind words, still open to all suggestions. :D