Blue Silvertone 80's Style

hey guys i just started work on a silvertone that the other guitarist in my band has im doing it at cost but its coming out cool. It had a really cheasy sunburst on it so i painted it a solid blue for him were aso putting in blue pickups and a yellow pick gaurd. Ill post pics soon. hope you guys like it!

silvertones website pic (the first color)

bgills.jpg

basecoat

Edit: just wanted to add a funny little bit about silvertone quality control. When i took the bridge off to refinish the body i found a piece of masking tape. I got a little confused and asked my friend if anyone had done finish work on it before. he said no. I peeled off the tape to find out they had drilled the holes for the trem wrong and had covered there mistake with blue masking tape. There were like 5 holes drilled crooked above the straight "right" holes. (who knows if there dead on i still havent checked. has any one else run into this kinda stuff with silvertone?

Edited by gibsonsg26

Thanks for your oppinion.we talked about that combination we will probably paint the old covers to the silvertone pickups to see what looks best. were a glam style band so we really want are guitars to stand out from the crowd and tracking down an 80's axe that isnt bruised and abused is getting very diffucult so i started moding are guitars. Im hoping it will look really cool.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

well great news after all this time the paint cracked during the curing time and i have to redo this guitar for my friend out of my own pocket. Also i have to make a new pickguard because we tried to relic it and i was using a torch to burn the wood and complete brain fart left the pickguard on Plastic+fire=melty mess. This could not go any worse :D