Lace Sensor Arrived.. Couple Of Qs

Neurosync

Well my Fender Red Lace Sensor finally arrived... something i hadn't taken into consideration was the bracket underneath it.. which instead of having standard screw holes to attach through top of scratchplate as per normal.. it has like.. um... claw like cut out bits.. *see images below* Just wondering if anyone knows where i can find and for me to at least know what the connecting piece(s) look like. I've looked on google but its difficult tryin to search for somethin you dont know the name of. lol.

b9_1.JPG

9b_1.JPG

My second other question is : Billy Corgan uses this pickup *at least .. used to anyways*... anyone any idea as to what K pots he used? 250k or 500k or a random custom? I understand that 500k would be brighter,.. but would just be interested to know if anyone happens to just ... um... know. :D

Thanks guys and gals...

I've not seen that before, mine all have standard screw holes. Is it second hand?...maybe someone's "customised" it.

As for pots, I just use 250k's as recommended by Lace & as fitted by Fender.

[EDIT] look here: http://images.google.co.uk/images?source=i...sa=N&tab=wi

doesn't look right does it?

ive seen some on ebay that look like this, i assumed they just took normal screws and the rubber tubing ?

are the holes bigger ? did it come with screws ??

i suggest contacting lace and asking them tech@lacemusic.com

http://www.agi-lace.com/contact.php

also

on this diagram they recommend 250k pots http://www.agi-lace.com/wiring/pdf/1.pdf

ive seen some on ebay that look like this, i assumed they just took normal screws and the rubber tubing ?

are the holes bigger ? did it come with screws ??

i suggest contacting lace and asking them tech@lacemusic.com

http://www.agi-lace.com/contact.php

also

on this diagram they recommend 250k pots http://www.agi-lace.com/wiring/pdf/1.pdf

You are correct... it came from ebay for a whole £24. Didn't come with screws no :D Cheers for the contact link *me follows shortly* Cheers

just found somthing i remember seeing a while back

http://www.specialtyguitars.com/accessories.html

somthing like the top plate might work if you get no help from lace or ebay

I'll tell you what though... on closer inspection... that baseplate came with that pickup like it is.. theres been no tampering,,,,, official stick on it.. and its not like original holes have been drilled big as the insides of the claw are black just like the rest of the plate.. bizarre... i've mailed lace anyways.. Failing that.. should anyone else have any clues, please post.

lol that is strange indeed.... if it didnt say it was the james burton pickup on ebay maybe you can start an item not as described claim .

it might be cheaper to get that strat backplate and solder/glue it on (than get the grommets from fender)

also james burton was in elvis presleys band in the 70's (lead guitar)

lol that is strange indeed.... if it didnt say it was the james burton pickup on ebay maybe you can start an item not as described claim .

it might be cheaper to get that strat backplate and solder/glue it on (than get the grommets from fender)

also james burton was in elvis presleys band in the 70's (lead guitar)

Nah,.. i'd have no chance since those pics were the ones off the ebay.. i just didnt even think about it or notice really.. cos they're normally normal .. lol.. i saw £24 buy it now.. (thats with pnp) .. and thought ... having that!! lol. I'll get my dad to sort somethin out.... he's good with metals like that.. :D And yeah.. bloody elvis eh! I hope i don't suddenly start playing guitar that way cos of it... not sure the rock bars withh appreciate it at all.. :D No doubt fender will want more for the grommets than i paid for the pickup..

Thanks for the help here anyways... i'm sure i'll be back with more on this guitar im sprucing up.. and i should let thee all know that its going fantastically well B)

James Burton was a whole lot more than Elvis's guitarist....

And man, you'd be an amazing player if you could start playing guitar that way, yet incorporate it into a more modern rock sound. :D No dissin' Burton!! <insert fake anger emoticon here>

Good find, though-- Laces are usually a bit more than that, even on eBay.

James Burton is like Fender's Les Paul. In-FREAKIN-sane guitarist. He's done mostly studio work, but he's played with EVERYONE at some point. He got real famous back in the '50s playing on Ozzie and Harriet with Ricky Nelson's band and has played with Elvis, almost every Nashville artist worth listening to, and even John Denver for a while.

You might do better to put the pickup back on the 'bay and find one that has the right holes. That one was designed to be mounted on a rear-routed guitar with no pickguard or rings.

yeah it might be worth ebaying, not sure if anyone would buy it though, you could mention it was out of a james burton guitar.

also when i mentioned he was elvis' guitarist that was a compliment not a dig i love elvis and james burton, the intro of suspicious minds is f'in hard to play, im not even sure how he played it 'fast' on the live shows in the 70's

yeah it might be worth ebaying, not sure if anyone would buy it though, you could mention it was out of a james burton guitar.

also when i mentioned he was elvis' guitarist that was a compliment not a dig i love elvis and james burton, the intro of suspicious minds is f'in hard to play, im not even sure how he played it 'fast' on the live shows in the 70's

Nah... it's defo going onto this strat... lmao.. i'll post pics of how i get it on when done :D

Are you still going to use this pickup. It really is no big deal to make something up for this.

Hahahaaa.. well i was out in Manchester shopping yesterday,... and because i do pencil art etc,... i bought me some cheap mechanical pencils.. 39p.... then a like 4am this morning whilst having a rollup i spotted the pencils n thought... hey that eraser in the top might just do the job... so i opened them up took out the rubber from the end of the pencil.. and lol and behold it fitted beautifully into the claw gap on the pickup... so today i got my a fine drill bit and burrowed a hole through the centre of it... and screwed a screw through it whilst attached to the pickup.. lol... and guess what... works like a charm.. :D i'll post pictures when it's all together ... should be later today B):D:D *is most pleased with ones self*

:D