Looks like I won't be building for a while...

I saw this deal on eBay, and I couldn't pass it up. It's such a fun, stupid metal guitar, and therefore I love it! :D

It's a Jackson Ke3 reverse, in transparent blue over flame maple [cough]veneer[/cough], with an EMG 81 installed. We'll see what I think about the EMG (I haven't had much experience with them), but if I don't like it, I'll probably swap the pickups out for DiMarzios. I also plan on installing chrome pickup rings instead of the black ones that are there now.

Anyways, I haven't received it yet, but here's the pictures that were posted with the auction:

Image 1 (92 kb)

Image 2 (232 kb)

Woo! B)

I thought that too, as my lovely wonderful girlfriend today bought me a PRS Custom 22 with birds in a lovely 10 quilt top. Blue matteo. Will post pics when I'm out of shock long enough to hold the camera. :D

However, this gives me a wonderful opportunity to semi-retire my beloved strat, and to give it a well deserved refinish using a lot of the knowledge I've picked up here!

I thought that too, as my lovely wonderful girlfriend today bought me a PRS Custom 22 with birds in a lovely 10 quilt top. Blue matteo. Will post pics when I'm out of shock long enough to hold the camera. :D

However, this gives me a wonderful opportunity to semi-retire my beloved strat, and to give it a well deserved refinish using a lot of the knowledge I've picked up here!

Nice score!

I must admit, I'm now in the same boat as you. I'm gonna mod the heck out of my old epi LP special. I'm probably gonna sand down the neck and refinish the body. If I feel like it and have the cash, maybe I'll throw some decent pickups in there, too!

I thought that too, as my lovely wonderful girlfriend today bought me a PRS Custom 22 with birds in a lovely 10 quilt top. Blue matteo. Will post pics when I'm out of shock long enough to hold the camera.  :D

I thought that too, as my lovely wonderful girlfriend today bought me a PRS Custom 22 with birds in a lovely 10 quilt top. Blue matteo. Will post pics when I'm out of shock long enough to hold the camera.  B)

And here it is...

prs_74899.JPG

Very nice! Will you be transfering the piezo electronics from your strat to it? Go void that warrenty, man! :D

umm... no!

..... although there is room in the control cavity... :D