Bending Iron Aluminum Form

jay5

I have the aluminum form that is all thats left of our bending iron from work. The electronics and wood base are long since trashed, but I rescued the aluminum form before it was tossed. I was going to take it home and fasion a torch fired iron but just don't see myself doing a ton of bending in the near future. Anyway, this is the aluminum piece that you see in the pic. You could get a new heating element from LMI for $30 or just make a torch heated unit as I was gonna' do. The going rate on the units is about $150. I would like to get $55 plus shipping for this. I can get some pics of the actual piece if necessary. Thanks!

ProfessionalBendingIron.jpg

Hey great to hear Daniel! I really wanted to try to clean some of the gunk off of it but I figured that you would rather have it asap. By the way, I just noticed that LMI sells the little insulation piece that goes between the iron and the base for $5. I would pick that up regardless of how you decide to heat it. Good luck! Can't wait to see how you rebuild it!