Wfret Vs. Measuring

WFret vs. Measuring  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I had to Google for what wfret was.

I haven't used either, but surely wfret is going to be more accurate than the rules most people have access too, which are only divided up to the millimetre.

Neither, I use ACAD. I'll get the numbers from a fret calculator like Stewmac, I also have a guitar repair book (Complete Guitar Repair - Hideo Kamimoto) that has pages full of fret distances for almost every scale length (23.5" , 23.75", 24" etc. all the way to 34.5"). I'll draw my fretboard in ACAD to 1:1 scale and print it out , like wfret method. Measure each fret individually with a ruler? you gotta be NUTZ! :D

Neither, really; not sure how accurate my printer is, for one thing, and paper's very hygroscopic (can change sizes if humidity shifts).

Mostly, though...measure out fret distances? I'll stick with having a dude laser cut me extra templates in stainless steel for use with my stemac mitre box, thanks :D

I have measured out most of mine by hand from the fret tables in the back of MYOEG. Although i think i used wFret for a baritone i made once - but i still meausred them by hand, i aint gonna trust a paper template!!

Last year i brought the stew-mac mitre-box and a couple of templates- i'm not going back to measuring by hand!!

Another neither. I use FretFind2D. It handles arbitrary arbitrary number of strings, scale lengths, multi-scale guitars, non-even-tempered scales, microtonal scales, etc.

It can dump-out PDF files, SWF files, and a few other formats.

Sorry, don't have the URL here, but you can Google it.

Ray