Hohner Egs - Ergonomic Guitar System

I just came across this guitar over the weekend and thought some of the folks here would find it interesting:

Hohner EGS Electric Guitar

The topic title says it all...

Regards,

Robert

Looks neat. I've had similar ideas before (a better "lap bar" compared to the Steinberger "brooms") but this is way out there. Awesome.
I'm waiting to find out more from Hohner about the mechanism they use for the leg rest. I'm very interested in seeing how they went about engineering it.

For others - here's a pic of the Hohner with its leg rest deployed:

Hohner-EGS-Guitarist.jpg

Regards,

Robert

The thinner part that extends can also be flipped around the other way, so that the curve follows your lap. I wonder if the person in the pic is using it "wrongly", or whether it actually feels more conmfortable for them with the extension turned that way?

You know what would be cool? If the little rest could fold up and give the appearance of a lower horn! Just keep the idea that they have, but while not use; when standing, it could fold into the shape of a small lower horn, that would be the ultimate to me. Haha, oh well, thats why I like seeing new stuff, it constantly sparks more ideas. I read a little of the posts displayed on the page linked and as stated there it is quite nice to see some innovation.

Also, as Greg mentioned it almost seems as though in the picture the rest is upside down. It seems to make much more sense for the curvature to follow the surface of one's leg, otherwise it would tend to slip, I would think. Well, definitely keep this thread up to date as I am curious to see how this taken by the industry. Thanks for the information and post. J

Yeah, I had checked out that page and your right it definitely makes a wing. I saw the pic with it up, but didn't really see it as a wing when I first looked(quick glance), though I can see that it is now. The thought I had was slightly different. Basically, I was thinking that the leg rest would fold up toward the headstock and into the body and the arm/support would make up the horn, which would be bigger/bulkier. It was just a random thought though, but I see that it does make a lower horn, which is really cool. The picture of the guy still confuses me, I just don't see why he would have it like that. At first glance I thought that it attached around your leg, and I was ???? Anyhow, that is one cool guitar, I enjoy seeing new ideas and designs/concepts especially when they are well done and thought out.