Just One Pickup, Volume And Tone...

plippert

Hi all,

Im quite new in tthe guitarbuilding-business. But I like it! My next hurdle is how to wire the pickup, volume/tone and jack-input, and I am hoping for a litte help from one of you guys...

I have one Fender-Lace Sensor, three wires (white, green, orange), a tone-pot, volume-pot and the jack input. The volume-control is a bit more advanced than the tone-pot.

I WOULD BE THANKFUL if anybody could help me finish the diagram below...

Thanks in advance.

01.JPG

Hi all,

Im quite new in tthe guitarbuilding-business. But I like it! My next hurdle is how to wire the pickup, volume/tone and jack-input, and I am hoping for a litte help from one of you guys...

I have one Fender-Lace Sensor, three wires (white, green, orange), a tone-pot, volume-pot and the jack input. The volume-control is a bit more advanced than the tone-pot.

I WOULD BE THANKFUL if anybody could help me finish the diagram below...

Thanks in advance.

01.JPG

What do you want the volume control switch to do?

Is your drawing wrong? 25K values for tone and volume controls is extremely too low. Did you mean 250K?

Oh, and if we are looking at the bottom of the pots, the ground on the volume control should be on the left lug and not the right.

Edited by JoeAArthur

oops. yes volume 25K is a typo. should have been 250K. The switch in the volume doesnt have to do anything. Thats the pot i have... . I assume that it cant do much with only one pickup.

The volume and and tone is from an old epiphone-guitar and is connected to each other the way i've drawn, or at least i think. you could be right on the ground-issue.

How would i wire the things correct? And, yes, i am a newbie with a big, fat N...

oops. yes volume 25K is a typo. should have been 250K. The switch in the volume doesnt have to do anything. Thats the pot i have... . I assume that it cant do much with only one pickup.

The volume and and tone is from an old epiphone-guitar and is connected to each other the way i've drawn, or at least i think. you could be right on the ground-issue.

How would i wire the things correct? And, yes, i am a newbie with a big, fat N...

The orange wire goes to the right lug on the volume control - the ground IS the left one unless you want the volume control to work in reverse.

Both the white and green wires are grounded.

Center terminal of the volume control connects to the tip (+?) connection of the output jack.

Redo your diagram like this and we'll check it.

• 2 weeks later...