SG Measurements

hey all, i was forced to put my project on hold a while ago due to a lack of funding and time, but i'm getting started on it now.

alright, here's the deal. i've got a drawing of an SG that i could use to make the whole body off of, but the measurements for everything are missing...

...and these would be helpful...

after many countless hours searching online, and even a trip to two local businesses with tape measure in hand, i was unsuccesful in turning up the correct measurements. (stores get pissed when you start trying to figure out, say, pickup cavity measurements and everything, they took away all of my measurements both times, body and neck and everything...blah)

so, if anyone has detailed measurements, i have a drawing that i can apply them to. those would be helpful.

btw, i need about...all measurements. body width/height (not depth, that's a custom feature for my hollow body i'm gonna make it into), routing cavities, etc. thanks for any help you guys got.

just print out the drawing you have, i assume it's one of the cad files from guitarbuild.com? once you print it out (you'll have to tape it together if you don't take it to a print copy shop) then you can measur right off that.

and what the fudge!!!!!!! they took your measurements???? i've spent up to 2 hours at a time in my local store tracing guitars, taking measurements, etc.... and they don't mind, sometimes they'll even let me go around back and setup one or 2 or the floor model guitar if they're really bad out of tune.

yeah, the whole store thing, i was pissed. my dad is awesome friends with the owner of one of 'em and i buy all of my parts through the second one...

but see, i don't have the CAD drawing, it was a ripoff .pdf i had 'cause i live in a MAC world and there's no real CAD program out there for me. now...little did i know that adobe, when printing, automatically scaled everything for me, so it's just slightly smaller than it really should be. if i knew exactly, i would actually take the time and do the math. it's some weird "pi" or "e" like number.

all i know is that the neck (at the point where it meets the body) is supposed to be 2.25" wide and it was 2.13...makes for a very hard conversion...something like 1:1.0569 or something...bothered me...

You can use Acrobat to print 1:1, but you have to explicitly tell it what to do. Try setting your margins to zero, on your printer properties, and turn all the scaling otpions off in Acrobat (under "Copies and Adjustment" on the Print Menu). It works in PC Land, should be the same in Mac world, but I could be wrong.

northern some part of america. to us, "IL" = Illinois. though that would be cool, i don't live in ireland. i'm trying to get some money to visit out there soon, though. my folks went a year ago and i never got a chance to.