Texas, Laces Or Ssl1's

cr_XD

i want to decide between this three strat sets:

seymour duncan ssl1

fender texas special strat set

fender noiseless (or the hot ones)

3 lace sensor picked up independently

they are ordered cheaper to more expensive, just wanted to know your preferences. I've read a few good comments on the texas while searching. Let me hear you XD

edit:i added the noiseless

Edited by cr_XD

I can't handle single-coil noise anymore. Some people don't mind it and others can tolerate it in the name of "tone," but I will never buy a standard single-coil ever again. If I were making the decision, I would start by eliminating the vintage and "true" single-coils.

i'm after a stratocaster sound. i've heard the ssl1 sounds on the web and don't know to what extent they will sound like that on my guitar, but i like the sounds.

I'm replacing the pickups on a fernandes stratocaster. i really like the tone of the neck and middle, i can't stand the bridge one. On the other side i think they are microphonic, as soon as i turn on a distortion that is over a crunch, the start to scream (i can't remember the word in english sorry). So it's not i'm really seeking a tone, just mending my fernandes. I will also throw some schaller locking tuners on it and a graph nut :D

What's the minimum/maximum you're willing to spend?

it's not about money really, i'm placing an order on thomann.de on monday and i'm limited to their stock. These looked as the most interesting options for me.

thanks for the replies.

ok, thanx everybody, i'm set on the ssl1.

if i don't like it i'll sell them and get the texas, or maybe keep it and have the texas in other guitar.

thanks everybody. I'll tell you how i like them as soon as i get them. should be a week or so.

ciao

it's not about money really, i'm placing an order on thomann.de on monday and i'm limited to their stock. These looked as the most interesting options for me.

thanks for the replies.

If you can wait a bit, I know a guy who can repair/rewind those pickups and make them better than new. Check out Curtis Novak, especially the 63 Strat Repair. Tell him I sent you. :D