Jump to content

Aircraft Stripper

Recommended Posts

Hi Guys,

Does anybody know where if Aircraft Stripper is available in the UK? I'm trying to take the finish off an RG 370 body and need to take off the sealer as well as there is a lot of woodworking to be done.

I've tried sandpaper and a heat gun but it's taking forever and ever so I'm starting to look at chemical stripping...As the finish is polyester, my Rustin's Strypit doesn't even touch it.

If anybody knows if Aircraft Stripper (or something similar) is available in the UK then I'd be very greatful.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, I believe Nitromors is what you're after. Anecdotal stories say "it was used to strip the paint off tanks". Whether it meant Challenger IIs or diesel ASTs is unknown :-D

You can pick this gear up from B&Q and general hardware stores in the paint departments.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...