Carbon Fibers Distribution

Hi,

I'm designing the neck for my next project. I'm going to use a hot rod (stewmac #0982) with two carbon fiber (stewmac #4403) following the typical distribution because I want a thin neck like the ibanez jem neck.

I would like to know a good distribution of the three items if the neck is 43mm on the nut and 57mm at the fretboard end. Some advise for the distance from the center of the neck or truss rod to the carbon fiber? Do you align the beginning of the carbon fibers with the nut, or some space behind it, maybe at fret 3?

Thanks,

Jorge

Hi,

I'm designing the neck for my next project. I'm going to use a hot rod (stewmac #0982) with two carbon fiber (stewmac #4403) following the typical distribution because I want a thin neck like the ibanez jem neck.

I would like to know a good distribution of the three items if the neck is 43mm on the nut and 57mm at the fretboard end. Some advise for the distance from the center of the neck or truss rod to the carbon fiber? Do you align the beginning of the carbon fibers with the nut, or some space behind it, maybe at fret 3?

Thanks,

Jorge

Sorry, I reply myself: use the search button!

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.php?showtopic=32218

The stewmac hot rod truss rods are a bit thick for a neck with jem dimensions. Considering using lmii's (lmii.com) or allied's (alliedlutherie.com) truss rods. Both are of good quality and both are 1/16" thinner than the hot rod. The allied rod has a bit finer adjustment though.

peace,

russ