Warped Neck? Cracked Body? Help!

Hey, I have 2 important question about my Ibanez Jem that i just got. First of all im conserned abotu the neck and am having trouble get the action and truss rod correct. It appears that my neck is higher at the e string than at the low string... for example I fretted the 1st and last frets than measured the gap at the 9th fret after tightening the rod... the high e was basically fretted along the neck (backbowed) and the low e had a setup/proper amount of space between the 9th. I cant seem to get rid of the buzz no matter what i change... can any one help me... can any one tell me whats going on with my neck?

Next... it appears that there is a little crack in the paint at the neck joint on the body. I think this is a common thing for guitars? Is this dangerous? will it get worse? what should I do?

It appears that there is a little crack in the paint at the neck joint on the body. I think this is a common thing for guitars? Is this dangerous? will it get worse? what should I do?

It is common in older jems, before they became AANJ.