Easier Way To Clean Guitar Neck?

Hey guys so im nearly finished making my ibanez look like a guitar again, sanded the body and head stock, coated the body with some matt finish stuff 3 times, sprayed the pickguard, till i can afford a new one,

And now i just want to clean the neck and head stock slightly just to get the stickiness of hand oil off, however i dont have the materials or patience to clean it the way people recomend with all the ivory soap, steel wool or naptha etc. and i really cant be bothered getting them,

Is there any simple method of cleaning it mabye just with some sort of soap?

thanks

what about a soapy jex pad?, i dont have and plain steel wool or tung or poly, just looking for somthing simple, dont really care if it doesnt get all the dirt off, it just kinda feels sticky from food and drink or whatevers been on it. are there any soaps or cleaning products i could use just with a cloth for a quick clean?

seriously, id spend the 50 cents on a piece of steelwool and be done with it; even if you dont add an oil over it;

you dont need soap; all thats gonna do is leave a film on there, and then youll put more crap on it to get rid of that!

just put it in the palm of your hand and lightly rub the neck until you feel its smooth and free of gunk;

it the absolute easiest way of all; guarenteed!

seriously, id spend the 50 cents on a piece of steelwool and be done with it; even if you dont add an oil over it;

you dont need soap; all thats gonna do is leave a film on there, and then youll put more crap on it to get rid of that!

just put it in the palm of your hand and lightly rub the neck until you feel its smooth and free of gunk;

it the absolute easiest way of all; guarenteed!

so i dont even need and cleaning products or nothing, just rub it a bit with steel wool?

Hey guys so im nearly finished making my ibanez look like a guitar again, sanded the body and head stock, coated the body with some matt finish stuff 3 times, sprayed the pickguard, till i can afford a new one,

And now i just want to clean the neck and head stock slightly just to get the stickiness of hand oil off, however i dont have the materials or patience to clean it the way people recomend with all the ivory soap, steel wool or naptha etc. and i really cant be bothered getting them,

Is there any simple method of cleaning it mabye just with some sort of soap?

thanks

Don't use Ivory soap on your guitar. Use naphtha and steel wool on a rosewood fretboard, then condition it with a light coat of mineral oil, lemon oil, fretboard conditioner, etc. Don't use steel wool or any other abrasive on surfaces you want to keep shiny. The naphtha will soften most any gunk that's accumulated, and a soft cloth is all you need to wipe it off. Anything left that the naphtha won't take off needs further attention.

Saying you can't be bothered with doing something the right way is the absolute best way to be ignored. If you go that route, come back with your horror stories and be sure to bring lots of pictures.

Dont damn steel wool your guitar, its the stupidest thing you can ever do... all these lazy people that dont care for there guitar do it cus its fast.... but it just slowely makes ur frets smaller and ur neck smaller.

LOL! My Ibanez Jem from 1987 has been steel wooled for 20yrs and its still the same shape. Its one of those unfinished oiled necks. Don't go crazy with the steel wool, just be gentle and go with light pressure.

Naphta should work just fine though but if your neck is finished - make sure it won't damage the finish.

Dont damn steel wool your guitar, its the stupidest thing you can ever do... all these lazy people that dont care for there guitar do it cus its fast.... but it just slowely makes ur frets smaller and ur neck smaller.

errr... We're not talking about SOS pads here. Some 0000 or 00000 steel wool is wonderful for a myriad of uses, including polishing frets and cleaning a neck and fingerboard.