Walnut Explorer In-progress

Hi tim,

I'm using a SD JB in the bridge, and SD Jazz at the neck, wired up to 500 pots, with a master volume and master tone controlling both of the pickups - I like to keep it simple. Glad you like the way it's coming together, some more progress will be posted in the coming weeks.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi tim,

I'm using a SD JB in the bridge, and SD Jazz at the neck, wired up to 500 pots, with a master volume and master tone controlling both of the pickups - I like to keep it simple. Glad you like the way it's coming together, some more progress will be posted in the coming weeks.

+1, just about exactly what I am going with on my current project. Thats one of my most favorite setups for some reason. I'm trying some better caps I found for the hell of it, but thats the combo I want to use. I think after this one though, I may try some different pickups just to save some loot, I can always swap out pickups if need be. I bet your guitar is going to sound wicked upon completion Byron. Congrats, it really is looking good. Best of luck. J

Edited by jmrentis

Hi tim,

+1, just about exactly what I am going with on my current project. Thats one of my most favorite setups for some reason. I'm trying some better caps I found for the hell of it, but thats the combo I want to use. I think after this one though, I may try some different pickups just to save some loot, I can always swap out pickups if need be. I bet your guitar is going to sound wicked upon completion Byron. Congrats, it really is looking good. Best of luck. J

I was originally going to put in some bare knuckles, but with doing two projects at the same time I decided to save some cash and go with the SD matched pair, I'm pleased I did in the end. I have been playing it quite a bit, and despite a few setup issues with the guitar itself, the pickups sound great. I'm playing through a hot-rodded epi valve jnr and with a boss MT-2 I'm getting some great metal rhythm tones, although I need to add an eq pedal to get rid of the 'wah pedal half-cocked' sound.