Killswitch Help

ngaa

Well, I'm just wondering if anyone can help me with my problem.

I wired up the killswitch a while ago and it keeps popping when I press it down (like the sound when you turn off an amp). It's not too bad, but it could be a lot better I guess.

IMG00026.jpg

And the inside,

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa98/lo.../IMG00028_2.jpg

I'm pretty sure all the wiring is all correct, but it's just in case. Also there is a huge possibility that it is the push button that is making the popping noise.. If that is the case what do you think I should go for for a new push button (brand).

Well, I'm just wondering if anyone can help me with my problem.

I wired up the killswitch a while ago and it keeps popping when I press it down (like the sound when you turn off an amp). It's not too bad, but it could be a lot better I guess.

IMG00026.jpg

And the inside,

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa98/lo.../IMG00028_2.jpg

I'm pretty sure all the wiring is all correct, but it's just in case. Also there is a huge possibility that it is the push button that is making the popping noise.. If that is the case what do you think I should go for for a new push button (brand).

the pic is very blurry. if you mom-Switch is "normally open", then you're ok. wire hot at lug 1, and ground at lug 2. when u press the 'mom' you'll short circuit and kill the signal. If your mom-Switch is "normally closed", then you'll have those pops until you get a "normally open". the best way of wire a Killswitch is doin it in order to short hot to ground. hope it helps. (sorry for my bad english)

It pops just like any mechanical switch pops (ie like those nasty 'true bypass' pedals pop when you hit them on and off).

You can try putting 1M resistors from the hot to ground to try and minimise the popping, also higher quality switches can help (don't know how good the switch you have is).

:D

S