In Uk And Ordering From Stewmac Or Lmi?

I just had a random thought. There a few bits and pieces I'm thinking of ordering from the States, and it's the shipping cost that's putting me off.

Is there anyone in the UK in the same position? What about combining orders and sharing the shipping costs? I am in the North West near Preston, but I could mail you your stuff easily enough.

Any interest?

Denis

StewMac's shipping ain't bad, but remember the import duties (processing fees, VAT) you'll be paying. What are you looking to get? Because there are a number of good UK and mainland European stores that average out to around the same price as ordering from StewMac, and you know what you're paying for up front.

Sort of depends on what you're after, though. Some stuff I order from StewMac (I find their shipping costs very reasonable, but then I rarely order less than 200-300 dollars worth of materials per order), some from LMI, some from other US/Canadian vendors, some from a couple of Dutch guitar parts stores, some from Rockinger in Germany, David Dyke's or Touchstone in the UK....etc.

Earlier tonight I priced up all the stuff to finish one of my axes - nearly everything except pups and tuners (would have bought it if the security code didn't come off my card in the washing machine :D )

Turns out the with shipping included, it was nearly as cheap getting it fom axesrus.

Since you're up north, maybe worth a trip to near Buxton, name of the place escapes me, but someone will fill you in.

I just had a random thought. There a few bits and pieces I'm thinking of ordering from the States, and it's the shipping cost that's putting me off.

Is there anyone in the UK in the same position? What about combining orders and sharing the shipping costs? I am in the North West near Preston, but I could mail you your stuff easily enough.

Any interest?

Denis

LMI's shipping is totally reasonable too actually, and super quick.

How large of an order are you placing? There's a couple of bits and bobs I suppose I could tag on...

I recently ordered from stew mac, and the shipping is actualy very cheap (about a fiver, or a tenner depending on how quick you want it for about £40 worth of stuff)

the only problem is the customs, they caught my package and charged me £15 just to import it, which was really anoying.

I think if you get enough stuff it would still work out cheaper, but sharing the shipping cost would be a really handy option.

• 4 weeks later...