Khaag's Les Paul Progress Thread

khaag

I made my own temporary template using MDF(medium density fibreboard) square 1.5" wide moulding strips from Home Depot. I cut them to length, add double stick tape to the bottom of the MDF, form the template and then route. I got the tape from Home Depot but I hear Stew Mac's tape is better. Sometime I will make an actual template using this method but for now it works for me.

Jeff

Does anybody have a template I could use to route the pockets for a couple of emg-81's? If I could I'd like to route them and paint it because I already have the stuff I need to do that. Then all I'll have to do is install some pickups when I get the cash/.

make your own template.

it`s a rectangle! (70.5mm X 38.2mm is the pup size, make it a little bigger.)

or you could make one using a mounting ring.

pretty simple.

Perhaps I should have been more clear... I don't actually need anybody to make a physical template for me, I just need a drawing of the pickup pocket...

Are they all the same? Can I route the pocket to to hector's specs, and have the emg-81's just slide into place? Or am I missing something...

Perhaps I should have been more clear... I don't actually need anybody to make a physical template for me, I just need a drawing of the pickup pocket...

Are they all the same? Can I route the pocket to to hector's specs, and have the emg-81's just slide into place? Or am I missing something...

they`re the same. the specs I gave you were measured from an actual 81. so they will fit. make sure that they are centered. and make it a little bigger.

Edited by Hector

• 2 weeks later...