Some New Projects

Ok here are some pics of a couple guitars i'm working on at the moment, a replica of a jackson kelly:

3 piece purpleheart neck, spanish cedar wings, quebracho fretboard, it will have a Kahler 7300 bridge:

IMAG0020-3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/edd.../IMAG0022-3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/edd...ock/kelly-1.jpg

24 fret rhoads:

Originally ti was gift from a friend while i lived in Spain, when i had to return to Venezuela, i had excess lugagge, so i left the body of this el cheapo rhoads copy and brought home the rest, built a Caferana body for it, and glued the neck to the new body, re did the binding and refretted it, and here it is:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/edd.../IMAG0006-7.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/edd.../IMAG0007-4.jpg

How did you attach the neck on that Kelly? It looks like a neck through, but did you glue a cover piece over the back or something? Only other thing is you might want to have tried matching the grain a little better or dyed the pieces to the same approximate color.

yeah, the back is capped since the neck blank wasn't thick enough. I would have matched the pieces, but since the guitar will be painted a solid color i didn't care too much

Hi friend, I like your guitars !

Will both guitars be painted in solid colours ?

Where you find the sizes of the kelly, I love this guitar shape.

Hey Andronico, i'll answer you in english, cuz it would be unpolite to do so in spanish. :D

Very simple, i have a friend who was repairing a Kelly, and i took some cardboard and traced the shape on it, and that was it. I don't trust the plans i find on the web, even if they are on CAD they have never been of the real size to me...better to buy templates at www.guitabuildingtemplates.com but i don't think they have Kelly templates.

Yes both guitars will be painted solid, the explorer will be black and the Kelly will be silverburst

Very simple, i have a friend who was repairing a Kelly, and i took some cardboard and traced the shape on it, and that was it. I don't trust the plans i find on the web, even if they are on CAD they have never been of the real size to me...better to buy templates at www.guitabuildingtemplates.com but i don't think they have Kelly templates.

Ok, now I know who can send me by mail a paper with the real Kelly shape when I need it... :D

Ok, now I know who can send me by mail a paper with the real Kelly shape when I need it... :D

Che, si la necesitas, me decis que yo te la envio a Argentina ( pero no envio valijas llenas de dólares!! jajaja :D )

Ok, now I know who can send me by mail a paper with the real Kelly shape when I need it... B)

Che, si la necesitas, me decis que yo te la envio a Argentina ( pero no envio valijas llenas de dólares!! jajaja :D )

Why not ? It´s a pity ! :D