Matt Black

Just use a flat black to start with. There are a lot of options if you have spray equipment.

Yeah makes sense but I have alot of gloss and I wanted to use that. As it turns out I could,nt get the result I wanted so I have gone the matt black paint. Where i am in Australia I could`nt get the matt black for a gun so I have had to use a can.

Has anyone sprayed a satin or gloss black and then rubbed it back to Matt. If so how did it go? what grades of paper did you use and did you flatten out the finnish?

Cheers in advance.

Not a good idea. As the guitar ages and is used, the finish will naturally buff to a gloss.

Start with a matte black.

For a gun, use a House Of Kolor primer Kp2cf , then their KoSeal black.

I was in a class all last week with HOK's tech instructor. He did a rock crawler with the stuff for the pro circuit and it lasted an entire season with no issues. Thats a little more abusive than what we put our gear through, unless you blow steaming transmission fluid all over your guitar.

I know a few other kustom painters that use it for their black. HOK's tech guy over there is named Owen, a really nice guy.

For a gun, use a House Of Kolor primer Kp2cf , then their KoSeal black.

I was in a class all last week with HOK's tech instructor. He did a rock crawler with the stuff for the pro circuit and it lasted an entire season with no issues. Thats a little more abusive than what we put our gear through, unless you blow steaming transmission fluid all over your guitar.

I know a few other kustom painters that use it for their black. HOK's tech guy over there is named Owen, a really nice guy.

I have no idea what you are talking about lol but thanks the same. I ended up using a rattle can of Matte black acyrilic. For Aussi members, Dont let any one tell you GMH black is good for matte black. Yes its Matte black but it has a terrible finnish. Good for subframes only.

1500 grit on a da works pretty good it makes it more of a flat finish me and a friend of mine played around with it a little on the hood of my car trying to do some flat strips on a other wise gloss hood with not edges it worked fairly well but didn't have time to finish so just buffed it all back out. btw that we where working with fairly fresh dupont paint i dont know exactly what grade. but i wouldn;t try that with just some spray paint laquer does wierd things.