Prep?

I did try the search function and most of prep stuff im coming up with is showing for paint a solid color. I wanting a natural look but having problems with grain and stuff...Just needed to know if I need to sand,seal,then dye...

try searching. there is plenty of info. no one is just going to tell you and give you specific info thats already on here.
Edited by Twoods196

I did try the search function and most of prep stuff im coming up with is showing for paint a solid color. I wanting a natural look but having problems with grain and stuff...Just needed to know if I need to sand,seal,then dye...

try searching. there is plenty of info. no one is just going to tell you and give you specific info thats already on here.

After reading some posts and doing some research, I am doing the same thing you are doing. Same top, same mahogany body, just a different color.

If the top has sanding sealer don't sand through it, you'll expose it....this is what I've found by looking at other posts if the wood is unfinished maple:

lightly sand with 220 in direction of grain, wet the maple to raise it ,sand with 220 again lightly then shoot it with a vinyl sanding sealer. Stain the wood, shoot with sanding sealer, stain wood again to desired color, shoot with sanding sealer again......then 10+ coats of Nitro clear coat. This is very simplified of course

Not suppose to be a saga kit but guy I got it from could have gotten it from a saga kit, but yes its a very thin venneer and bublbes easly. I just used shellac to seal it and that worked good.

Thats looks like a Saga kit if it came that way, there's a few threads here regarding them and how the 'top' was only a thin paper veneer. If thats the case go easy with any sanding. -Vinny