Lookin' For A Specific Fretboard

anderekel

I'm lookin' for a cocobolo fretboard that's slotted and radiused. 24 frets, 25.5" scale, 14" radius. I'd get it from LMII but they don't appear to offer 14" radii :D If anyone knows where I could get one or has the ability to make one easily let me know, the only places I really know of to get the stuff is LMII and StewMac. Thanks for the help :D

That would end up at over 45 bucks and I don't really wanna spend that if I don't have to, but I wouldn't be surprised if I do.

You NEED a sanding block even if you get a pre radiused fretboard. That is the only way you will be able to final surface it true after atteching it to the neck(and if you want to do the job correctly it is a must). If your goal is to save money, buy a 14" radius block and sand it yourself (a sanding block is not very expensive,). If you can't slot the board yourself, you will ahve to pay for that service, and whatever they charge for a Cocobolo fretboard(LMI sell FB's at pretty fair prices).

You make a good point, didn't think about having to true it up after attaching it, I can certainly see the reasoning behind it. I guess I might as well go with LMII and just radius it myself, thanks for pointing that out rich. Sometimes I don't quite think of the little IMPORTANT things. Thanks for the reminder, and actually, thanks for a lot of your other posts, I've learned a lot from them and many other posts on the board, but I especially like to see what you have to say. Anyway, I guess I'll go for gettin' the board at LMII and the radius block from stew mac. :D

You make a good point, didn't think about having to true it up after attaching it, I can certainly see the reasoning behind it. I guess I might as well go with LMII and just radius it myself, thanks for pointing that out rich. Sometimes I don't quite think of the little IMPORTANT things. Thanks for the reminder, and actually, thanks for a lot of your other posts, I've learned a lot from them and many other posts on the board, but I especially like to see what you have to say. Anyway, I guess I'll go for gettin' the board at LMII and the radius block from stew mac. :D

I'm allergic to cocobolo otherwise I'd do it for you, even though I have plenty of it in my stash :D. Now if only someone would make me a good offer for all of it B)

PM me and I might be able to get a friend to do it using my tools.

MK

That would end up at over 45 bucks and I don't really wanna spend that if I don't have to, but I wouldn't be surprised if I do.

Keep in mind that you're not only buying the wood, but you're also purchasing someone's time to trim it to spec, mill the radius, cut the slots and then package and ship it to you. $45 is actually a pretty good deal, considering its a custom order.

How much did you think you would pay for a radiused/slotted cocobolo board? Like erik said, you're paying for a service, not for wood only. The cheaper you can get is a slotted board and radius block from LMI. You'll already have the block for future projects.

And don't forget you'll have a harder time glueing a radiused board... Unless you use a radius block. But again, you'll have to buy it one day or another.

Edited by MescaBug

How much did you think you would pay for a radiused/slotted cocobolo board? Like erik said, you're paying for a service, not for wood only. The cheaper you can get is a slotted board and radius block from LMI. You'll already have the block for future projects.

And don't forget you'll have a harder time glueing a radiused board... Unless you use a radius block. But again, you'll have to buy it one day or another.

Yeah, Like I said, didn't quite think everything out :D I'm just gonna get the board from LMII and the radius block from stew mac, thanks for the help.