New Restoration Of Old Guitar

In the 80s, my dad bought a guitar made to custom specs by a guy called Paul Languedoc, who's name you may remember as the guy who built Trey Anestasio's custom axes. The thing was an absolute monster, (Bright canary yellow, missile and airplane decals on the fretboard, mirrored pickguard) with an H-S-H construction, kahler tremolo, and all the bells and whistles for wiring (coil drop, phase shift, series/parallel.) Well, shortly after I was born he decided his shredding days were done, so he took it apart, stripped the paint and put it in a box. I found out about it a while ago, after I really got into playing and working with guitars, and I decided I needed to fix it back up. He said I could have it. So yesterday I stripped the red paint he had put on it, and low and behold, the guitar is solid maple. Neck, fretboard, body, everything maple. The electronics were all trashed too from the way it was taken apart, so I decided I was going to completely revamp the thing. I'm going to go with a clear finish, to show the amazing maple grain, and a much simpler wiring. I'm thinking dimarzio passive P-ups (H-S-H) with coil drop for the humbuckers. I'm not sure which particular pickups I'll be using though. I also need a new locking nut, as the old one has disappeared. Anyone know where I could get one? This thing is a monster though. The fret access is completely smooth at the top, and it weighs a ton. I'll put some pictures up later today when I've finished the sanding I've been doing.

Was that guitar built by Languedoc back when he was working at Time Guitars? I'm very interested to see it. I've always loved his work. He's now building copies of the G2 guitar that Trey uses, as well as a new model called the G4, and has his own website. Very cool stuff.

Exactly, it's a time guitar. Here's a picture of it with the paint stripped. 123-2348_IMG.jpg

I live in Burlington, and every now and then those Time guitars show up used in the local shops. I never realized they where a Vermont company until just recently. They're nice instruments. I wish I hadn't passed up the couple I'd seen go for a song.