Second Build Finished.

Our second build is now finished.

So after about 6 months of sand-dust and nitro smell it's finally time for some glamour pictures.

I call her Cassandra because it kind of rhymes with palissandro, as rosewood is the theme of this one. And Bloody, well, because that's the color of the top. Clever, eh ?

IMG_0217.jpg

Another angle

The back

The headstock front

and back

Detail of body

Detail of neck joint

Detail of top inlay

Looking nice in this sunny Dutch spring day...

Being a much more ambitious project and just the second build there were many new challenges with this one, like the maple top and bindings and the nitro finish. All in all I'm very happy. I plays like a dream. Much better feel than the first one. The neck shape and fretwork are much better on this one.

Thanks to all of you for the help and support, and for making this community the friendly space it is for all of us newbees.

I enjoyed building this one a lot, now let's enjoy playing her and on to the next building challenges...

See you around.

Only complaint, OOOONLY complaint, is that the bridge doesn't match the tuners or knobs. Dunno if it's worth it to order up another bridge in black, but it would tie everything together and really unify the design. Right now, to me, that bridge sticks out like a sore thumb.

Swap the bridge, and definite GOTM winner. Easily. And I especially like the idea of the falling leaves fretmarkers. A simple concept, but executed with great finesse and detail!

Only complaint, OOOONLY complaint, is that the bridge doesn't match the tuners or knobs. Dunno if it's worth it to order up another bridge in black, but it would tie everything together and really unify the design. Right now, to me, that bridge sticks out like a sore thumb.

Swap the bridge, and definite GOTM winner. Easily. And I especially like the idea of the falling leaves fretmarkers. A simple concept, but executed with great finesse and detail!

Thanks to all of you !!

Bryan, I'm not sure I get your point. The polished/satin chrome of the bridge perfectly matches the polished/satin chrome of the tuners. Granted, the tuners are only visible from the back...:D

My first (poor) excuse to get into building guitars was that I had too much unused hardware in boxes and drawers...

What would you say if I tell you that THAT bridge was the centerpiece around which the whole guitar was conceived ?? I am not a whammy-bar player myself, I have just had that bridge in a drawer since the early 90s and wanted to finally put it to some use !!! Some people would have sold it on ebay, I decided to build a guitar around it... :D

Many thanks for the feedback !!

Wait wait WAAAIT wait.... I thought the tuners were black! Crap... shoulda looked at ALL the extra photos. DURRRRR.

Okay... so the knobs are the stand-out feature. I thought the tuners and knobs were black. DURRRR. Okay. So... get new satin chrome knobs, then everything will match and synch together. Blammo, awesome guitar.

Sorry, I'm just a dumbass, man.

And by dumbass, I mean bassist. ;D

Wait wait WAAAIT wait.... I thought the tuners were black! Crap... shoulda looked at ALL the extra photos. DURRRRR.

Okay... so the knobs are the stand-out feature. I thought the tuners and knobs were black. DURRRR. Okay. So... get new satin chrome knobs, then everything will match and synch together. Blammo, awesome guitar.

Sorry, I'm just a dumbass, man.

And by dumbass, I mean bassist. ;D

I have the original satin knobs stored away. I might try them to see what they look like...

BTW, I was reading your email to my wife in the other room and she barked, rather loudly... Well, make that she kindly reminds us that the inlays are not leaves, they're feathers !!!! :D