What Shape Do You Prefer, LP Jr. or LP Special?

Drak

LP Jr. & P-90's or LP Special & HB's?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OK, here's the scoop-du-joire.

I finally got this piece of Koa I've had for awhile cut today, boy-how-dee am I lovin' it, Flame-Taste-ique!

BUT...this piece was sold (on e-Bay) as a gunstock blank. It is basically triangular-shaped.

I got enough to do 2 tops, one is going to be another Rhoads Shark Vee top.

The other, well, I can get a Les Paul shape out of it barely. Nothing with upper horns will fly on this.

So, my dilemma. I love Les Pauls, but only the carved-top ones. Weirdo, I know.

Something about that LP shape, ...but pancake-flat... like the Jr. was kinda bugs me for some stupid reason. I think it only looks good like Gibson did it, ala combo TOM/Stop all in one and P-90's. I kinda like that basic rock-n-roll minimalist look, but I think HB's on a flat-topped LP looks weird.

You ever feel that way too?

So, should I use the LP Jr. shape and use the minimalist concept of combo tailpiece and a pair of P-90's...

Or instead use the double-cutaway look of the LP Special and some SA-MOKIN HB's?

I'm not so sure I'm sold on using P-90's for much of anything, might be nice, but I'd hate to route for them just to find the guitar not being used, know what I mean? That would be 'designing-for-stoopid'.

Help!

Stumped I am I am.

Or maybe I can get an SG out of it???