5 String 35"

here s the specs

2pc swamp ash body

5pc neck maple/paduak/culry maple

stinray 5 bartolini

schaller roller bridge

gotoh tuners

3 band bartolini 4 knobs

all gold everyting (its afirst for me for a bass)

rosewood fingeroard

stainless frets

IMG_0549.jpg

the graain will be filled w/ a 'mandarin' type colour, that will hopefully give the flavour of the neck in the body

heres alll 4 pics

http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i23/lowendfuzz/5%20string/

update

IMG_0559.jpg

IMG_0562.jpg

body rounded over

palm rest tummy cut

neck pocket routed and heel fitted

theres my lil racing stripe that i want to start doing again on unfaced haedstocks;

i screwed up alil by sending the entire length of the neck through the router for the truss rod on the first pass; (that lil square under the fb add-on) but im doing my inlay there cause theres no room at the top; i was torn whether to do it there or on the heel cap, but it made my mind up for me.

• 2 weeks later...

body is all routed, grainfilled and inlaid (faux pickguard) and no it dosent look like a cavity cover.........

the neck is all fretted and awaiting some leveleing that should have been done if not for a serious case of A.D.D.

i decided to bran my logo i the front as opose to a removable heel cover and the headstock will get a brass serial stamp ; if for no other reason to be different.

IMG_0564.jpg

the colour grainfill was a bitch to match to the padauk (which is gonna change in a year anyway!) and when i rushed it on it was athousand degrees and was not very cooperative in the sqeegeeing phase, so there was alot of sanding; it never bothered me with clear fill but this was another beast; both trying to get off excess w/o removing to much and making sure not to sand voids; must practice and fix air conditioner;

next post should be a finished product, or an update of disaster.

grant

Looking funky! :D I haven't seen a take on a pickguard like that before and I think it looks pretty cool. Can't wait to see it all finished.