Why I've Been Selling Off My Swamp Ash

Jim Soloway

These is what I've been making space for. They're all a minimum of 13" wide and 100" long. I picked up the first five boards today. I'll be picking up 15 more over the next few days. The final shot shows how I had to haul them (including a few miles on the freeway)

WideBoardsOnWall-06-12-08.jpg

WideBoardsWithHand-06-12-08.jpg

WideBoardsInElement-06-12-08.jpg

Edited by Jim Soloway

Wow! Those are some real planks o' wood all right. :D

Anyway, I was more than pleased to help you get rid of some of your current stock. :D

[Edit: As a matter of fact, I think the FedEx truck is due with those last couple boards in the next couple hours or so...]

Edited by Rick500

Jim, what are you selling these boards for? :D

The current plan is to keep these and convert our entire operation to 1-piece blanks. Besides, I don't think I could get anyone to deliver them. There was one, not in the photos, that was 101" long, 19" wide and 2" thick. By the time I got that in the truck, out of the truck and put away, I felt like I'd been lifting weights all day. What I may sell are a few blanks after we get some of it cut up.

BTW, we may go all 1-piece tops as well. I just think there's a wonderful elegance about seeing the figure flow all the way across the body. Here's one that working on now, both front and back and I just love the look of the wood with no seam on either side.

WesselTop-06-13-08.jpg

WesselBack-06-13-08.jpg

Edited by Jim Soloway