Emg ?'s

Traveler

I'm gonna use emg's in my current LP build and wonder other than using the 1mg pots what else am I gonna need to deal with. I realize they utilize a 9v batt, will that fit in a LP size control cavity? I'm planning on a single vol, single tone, so should be extra room. Or do I need to route and use one of those little plastic boxes ? Also, I think I have to use a stereo jack vs. the std type.....? thanks.Matt

Active EMG's use 25k pots and usually the sets come with the pots. 9v battery should fit with only a single vol and tone. The stereo jack is needed to work as a switched ground for the preamps in the pickups.

• 4 weeks later...

i could fit a KFK set into a control cavity of a BC Rich NJ warlock which is half the size (the cavity, that is) of the LP. That set comes with the PA2 switch as well which adds to the wiring and space loss.... i have to admit it looks horrible but it worked! so i don't think u'll have to route anything, you should have plenty of space. Enough of it so u can even shield the battery with foam.

edit: you won't need extra wires and stuff coz the pickups come with pots and wires that should be enough. i needed something like 4 cms of extra wire but that's because i didn't wanna strip/cut any of the original wires coz i wasn't sure if i wanted to keep this set on that guitar.

Edited by Sami Ghouri