Wiring diagram

Hotrock

Alright guys,

I know that there is a lot of people asking for wiring diagrams, so I think I'll jump on the band wagon. I've been looking all morning but can't find anything.

I need a diagram for:

2 Humbuckers

Both Coil Tapped

2 Tone controls (push/pull for tapping, one for each pup)

1 Volume

1 Balance control (instead of switch)

Also, I know bridges are supposed to be earthed, is this the same for stop pieces (I'm building a Les Paul Jr)?

Can you see any problems with the above configuration?

As you can probably tell, I'm not too great with electronics. :D Even the slightest bit of help would be greatly appreciated.

um not sure where to find a diagram..but with push pull pots its common to lose the original thing that it is controlling..so you could roll your tone off and then pull the know and it'd sound completely different..and re:earthing the bridge....yes..or you will die

dan

Unfortunately, I'm sorry to say that it's not only simple and to the point but also incorrect. Earthing (grounding) the bridge is done only to reduce noise or improve shielding. If your bridge is grounded, and your amp is faulty or the electrical system of the venue is bad, then you may die of electrocution. If your bridge and strings are not grounded, then you are not connected to the electrical fault and are safe but your guitar will be a bit noisier. To have a quiet and safe guitar, you can wire your guitar as recommended at guitarnuts.com or use a wireless system. Or if you know what you're doing, check out the venue's electrical system.

I didn't want people thinking that grounding their bridge will make them automatically safe. My conscience just didn't allow me to let a potentially lethal situation slip by. Your bridge should be grounded to reduce noise and for that reason alone. The odds of dying from it are extremely remote if everything else checks out OK but it's good to be aware of the facts.

Hotrock...Do you have a Les Paul/SG (4 holes) setup? Cuz you can put the coil tap for both pickups on the same one, unless you are inclined to have both on, with only one pickup coil tapped (ie. 3 coils). If you don't need that sound, I'd recommend this diagram . It'll save you $10 on the extra coil tap pot. Basically you want the pickups to go to each tone, then to the pan pot (in lieu of a switch) and then the volume and then output. For that diagram switch any lead going into the vol pots to the pan pot and the output of the pan pot to the input of the single vol.

Here's another for different placement of the toggle.

Hopes this helps. I know the diagrams aren't exactly what you want but hopefully they'll help. It's all trial and error anyway :D Also don't inhale the solder smoke--there was a thread about this before.

Or if you know what you're doing, check out the venue's electrical system.

I don't think I'll ever know what I'm doing with electronics. Cheers for the help and diagrams guys.

By the way, yes it is an Les Paul 4 hole body.