Replacing bridge

So I'm going to convert my righty acoustic to a true lefty. I've got the new bridge blank witch is the exact same size as my other. I'm assuming I can just mirror the dimensions for the channel for the bridge peice right? I read an older topic on removing the old bridge and that sounds pretty simple. I couldn't find anything on surface prep or gluing tips for the new bridge though. Anyone have any ideas or comments to help?

IMO you'd be better off filling the saddle slot on your existing bridge, then re-routing it for a correctly intonated saddle for lefty playing. With dark woods like RW or ebony it is quite easy to get an almost-invisible result by using a matching splice in the old slot. You can route a new slot with a dremel and a homemade jig.

Thats a possibility, however it's a rosewood bridge that has some fairly heavy figuring, plus it's kindof beat up because it was my first guitar and back in the day I used to pop out the bridge pins with a flat screwdriver. Plus I already got a sweet Macassar Ebony bridge for 7 bucks.