Tape For Holding Binding...

Hello people,

Currently working on my first bound body. I found this picture in another forum.

(picture borrowed from someone's build thread for illustration purposes only...)

IMGP3423.jpg

What do you call this type of tape ?? And do you know where should I look for it in the NL/Europe ??

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Most decent hardware stores will carry fibreglass reinforced tape over here - some have it, some don't. My double-sided tape is basically like that stuff. Thing is, that's complete overkill for plastic binding. Get some clear packing tape - sticky enough, plenty strong, and superglue won't stick to it.

Looks like book tape to me, but that's probably because I work in a library.

Thanks for the replies.

I agree that it would be complete overkill for a plastic binding, but I'll be bending some maple and cocobolo binding. That's why I want something like that...

Looks like book tape to me, but that's probably because I work in a library.

Thanks for the replies.

I agree that it would be complete overkill for a plastic binding, but I'll be bending some maple and cocobolo binding. That's why I want something like that...

A combo of masking tape and clear packing tape has served me well for wooden bindings. Just make them nice and thin so they're easier to bend..