G-Major

daveq

I think you can upgrade the firmware in those units, right? I remember reading that the early releases were a little more limited in what they could do. I use mine for everything but reverb (and distortion, obviously). I use an external EQ in combination with the EQ available in the G-Major also.

I want to get a floor pedal for it soon. I wish I could switch the pitch effects on/off with my foot right now for rythm/solo modes. When it's switched on, I can get a decent harmonizing effect that really thickens the lead sounds nicely. It's OK for rythm also but I prefer a more direct sound in that case.

It is a very high quality unit for the price, I think.

I got one off ebay for half the original price and the thing was like 2 months old so,

good deal for me. I dont know how to update the firmware and the effects it has are very nice but I dont know if like the chorus is as good as a M2000 that Metallica use in their rigs(btw I saw them last night in Hannover boy was it good).

if anyone would care to share some of their settings that would be really nice,Iam always looking for new stuff :D

Yeah, you can flash the bios for the unit, but I don't have a midi hookup for the computer, and I never really looked into getting it. I used the rack setup for a while with the big pedal board unit (ART X-15). But now that I'm not gigging anymore, it's sorta overkill. I still have all that stuff, but I mostly play through a solidstate peavey combo. It has a switchable effects loop, and I just leave the G-major on a nice chorus, and voila, an expensive chorus pedal.