Frankenstein/rock Legends Build

Hello all,

I'm not really a regular here, nor have I been here in a while, so I thought I would put this project here.

I'm going to be working on a dream of mine that goes back for quite some time, the quest to build a Van Halen Frankenstein clone/replica combined with various other guitars. However its going to be more of a clone then a replica, or relic. I'll go over the parts and more detail below.

The body is from Guitar Fetish, the replacement black Stratocaster body, and a replacement Ibanez JEM neck from etguitars with "Glow-in-the-Dark" Blue and Green DNA spirals, Red blood vesicle, and Green g-i-t-d side dots.

The headstock inlay will be an Ibanez check mark without the Ibanez, possibly the world Custom in an Ibanez font.

The body painted with a Van Halen stripe job (black, white, red) with Paul Gilbert F-Holes, and a Steve Vai Y2KDNA style swirled neck, and headstock.

The pickguard will be made of clear plexi-glass, and the underside will be painted to match the Van Halen paint job exactly. The reason for this is so I don't have to fill the cavities with wood. Just as a side note the truss rod cover will be made of semi translucent black plexi-glass, and the tremolo cover will be a modified Stratocaster trem cover for easy access to the Treml-no also clear plexi-glass painted to match the Van Halen paint job.

The pickups will be from bridge to neck: Schaller Hot Stuff, Dimarzio X2N, and Dimarzio Dactivator-X bridge.

The selector switches will be 3 Gibson style switches, for each pickup. Position 1 on the switch will be coil on, position 2 will be coil tapping, and position 3 will be off. I'm also going to install a big red Buckethead style Kill switch.

The tremolo will be a Schaller Floyd Rose, and the tuners are 5 Schaller Locking tuners plus one Hipshot D-tuner, The nut will be the provided Schaller locking nut, as well as a Treml-no. The body will be routed for a Lions claw.

And finally, the Strap buttons will be StrapLoks, with a No.1 Hamburg Strap.

Now for the other non crucial details.

Under the tremolo, I will be placing a recreation of SRV's custom sticker.

Two holographic eyeball inlays on the right half of the guitar, just as a little personal touch.

And a 777 BK all seeing eye pyramid inlay below the Custom Sticker.

I hope to have this project completed sometime before 2010's end. I'm hopefully getting the body and neck next summer. Just wanted to post this to show what you can be expecting from me in the near future.

Now that really does sound like a Frankenstein guitar.

A bit too much for me, but I'd like to see it.

Yeah, it is a bit much I'll agree, but I suppose I'm doing it because I like a challenge. :D

And I just noticed I spelled legends wrong. :D

Does anyone know of a Frankenstein spray paint stencil / ???

I'm looking to photoshop together this so I can get a feel for what it will look like, and possibly make some changes to the design.

-Thanks,

OrenG

ok!

For the stencil, use masking tape. Paint it black. Tape it up. Paint it white. take the tape off. Tape it up. Paint it red take the tape off. Finish.

For the neck. Theres to ways. either route out the neck pocket towards the bridge. or route out the maple bit (or whatever wood you have) underneath the fretboard back towards the nut.