Finally Finished The Gbo Dc

MiKro

Well all,

Finally finished the GBO DC. (a year late ) :D

Not what I really intended at the start but still it's okay. Just need to string it up and set the action. I know most don't like gold hardware but it seems to fit this one. :D

25" scale, Maple and purple heart neck with Camphor burl headstock veneer. Malagasy rosewood fretboard bound in Curly maple.

ash body with camphor burl cap and curly maple stripe. Recessed TOM, Carvin Holdsworth Pickups.

Thanks for looking!

Mike

dcfrnt.jpgdcback.jpg

Edited by MiKro

looking smart Mikro!! I like it a lot. Not sure about the v-shape on the back of the headstock but it certainly wouldnt be a deal breaker for me

you know, my GBO is still not really finished - i never did get around to making a backplate or trussrod cover for it - but it is my main guitar and i am worried i might sell it if i ever finished it

looking smart Mikro!! I like it a lot. Not sure about the v-shape on the back of the headstock but it certainly wouldnt be a deal breaker for me

you know, my GBO is still not really finished - i never did get around to making a backplate or trussrod cover for it - but it is my main guitar and i am worried i might sell it if i ever finished it

Thanks Wez,

The back of the headstock was to cover up a MISTAKE in tuner hole location. :D The hand shaking problem bit me when I was drilling. This is most likely the last electric I'll build. Now to finish up the Reso and I'll be done with my tasks at hand. If I do continue I'll need help from friends here as my health issues are really beginning to make this type of work very difficult for me to say the least. :D This one will most likely be donated to charity for underpriveledged children.

Thanks again.

MK

Edited by MiKro

its almost very much like a fancy 70's ibanez... artcore or something like that.

its sad you wont be up to doing many more... but i am happy to see a charity guitar... i have a slow burning project designed by a guy that died of bowel cancer last year that will eventually be auctioned off with the full selling price going to cancer research. If you have any other in progress projects i would be happy to take some to finish - maybe even more for charity

Erik, speaking of GBO. did you ever receive more of the prizes... i know there was talk of a build using them but i understand if that isnt happening because of the drop out rate and people not coughing up. I was happy to cough up because your guitar was awesome, so not what anyone else would do, and i never quite finished anyway - but i know there where some that never responded to the forum

next time someone say 'guitar build off' somebody hold me back.... i still quite like the idea but really wont work the way we tried it before

Wez"its almost very much like a fancy 70's ibanez... artcore or something like that."

yep very similar to the 80s Ibanez Sig Artist. I had one of those once. Very nice guitar :D

Thanks Erik,

Just wanted you to know it was finally done :D Not a contender but##### as Rocky said "ADRIAN I DID IT" Much hard work. LOL !!

BTW when will I see something using that NICE LACEWOOD top?

LMAO!!!!!

MK