Paint Les Paul In Vintage Sunburst

roeeitz

Letting us know where you are in the world may help as some paint supplies can't be shipped between some countries easily. Here in the UK, there's a guy in Manchester who sells tinted lacquer rattlecans which might be more suitable for DIY finishes without purchasing compressors, guns, etc.

I wanna Refinish Epiphone Les Paul Custom with the color vintage sunburst and she is absolutely new without beat ups and im thinking just like u its look like there is a 2 layers in from and 1 layer in the rear so its hard and if you see the pic u can see that there is a stripes so i don't know how to do that so i need advices how to do that what equipment I will need to do that?

Im from Israel so i don't think that anybody can know where to go and let a shop or any professional man but in Israel the people who would do that probably take alot of money so i think to do that in DIY will be cheaper then let professional do that...

what i stuff and equipment i will need to repaint my guitar?

What color is the guitar now? When you are refering to the stripes I am am guessing you mean the tiger stripe figuring that comes from the maple top. If your gutiar does not have a curly maple top, you are not going to be able to reproduce that exact look. You can still paint it that burst color, but it will not have the striping.

Letting us know where you are in the world may help as some paint supplies can't be shipped between some countries easily. Here in the UK, there's a guy in Manchester who sells tinted lacquer rattlecans which might be more suitable for DIY finishes without purchasing compressors, guns, etc.

Hello,

I read this reply from you and would like to ask for more info.

I am based in The Netherlands. Here, I could only identify a supply for clear lacquer rattlecans. Would you pm me with the details of this guy in Manchester ?? I would like to explore what he sells and if he would ship over here.

Many thanks in advance.

If it doesn't have the stripes in it already, you're not going to get the stripes. Like ihocky2 said, that is part of the wood. Not all maple is striped. If your guitar is a solid color it probably doesn't have the striping. Unfortunately, you can't know until you strip off the old finish.

A blak Epiphone LP Custom is very unlikely to have a flamed maple top on it. Flametop Epiphones only have a veneer of flame maple, so I wouldn't expect that a black finished one would have any veneer on it.

As a matter of fact it may not have a maple top at all. In all likelyhood what you're going to find under the black finish is a body made of several pieces of rather uninteresting looking wood.

I don't think refinishing a low cost black guitar to anything other than solid colors is such a good idea. Sorry.