Where To Get Koa?

If you check normal lumber supply places, some of them will sell it by the board foot, and you could probably get a 4" width as long as you want it. It will probably cost you like 30 bucks a board foot or more, but you could check someplace like exoticlumberinc or something.

If you check normal lumber supply places, some of them will sell it by the board foot, and you could probably get a 4" width as long as you want it. It will probably cost you like 30 bucks a board foot or more, but you could check someplace like exoticlumberinc or something.

I have no good lumber yards close to me, I usually have my dad get me my wood since he's a cabinetmaker and he can order it for me cheaply. I did manage to find a place selling it for $45 a board foot though, thanks.

exoticlumberinc.com, it is a lumber yard that does online sales and ships. I have used mail order stuff before with no problems, and it helps if you tell them it is for an instrument, they usually get the best pieces for you they can.

exoticlumberinc.com, it is a lumber yard that does online sales and ships. I have used mail order stuff before with no problems, and it helps if you tell them it is for an instrument, they usually get the best pieces for you they can.

They are about 15 minutes from me, and they have Koa out the wahzoo - but it is almost all conference table size and $60/bf as I recall.

When I was in Kauai, I saw four roadside stands selling Koa. I don't mean they were selling plastic dashboard hula dancers and other junk & just happend to have Koa, I mean Koa is all they sold. It was a little weird.

So, I recommend going straight to the source and claiming the trip as a business expense when tax time rolls around :D