Third Build Is Now Finished.

Our third build is now finished.

This is the LP-ish I built for my son.

Specs are fairly standard, main departures from the classic Les Paul are deep carved, thicker maple top, a significant chamber on the body and the progressive heel which gives better high fret access.

Again, it took six months to get it ready, but fortunately just in time for the New Year, when the "customer" (my son) comes to visit us.

This is my second attempt at a nitro finish. Still working with rattle cans, but already much better than the previous attempt. Hardly any rework on this one.

Hope you like it. Thanks for all the help and nice words along the way !!!

IMG_0021s.jpg

IMG_0005s.jpg

Full front

Full back

Headstock

Headstock and Logo

Body Front

Body Back

Now, after the Christmas and New Year break, I'll try to resume the fourth project. The Korina double cut.

Thanks for reading. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all !!

Thanks again for all the nice comments. I really hope that the "customer" feels the same way... We'll know tomorrow.

@TheBadger: The top is 17mm at the thickest point (where the bridge sits). The mahogany back is 46mm thick all around. 1 full millimeter thicker than a real LP !!!

@Xantus: Yes, this is the same guitar of the "third build" thread. I do have a blank already cut for my own singlecut, but that project is still in the backburner. I know now that I'll use the same carving for the top AND the back (maybe slightly shallower on the back), the same heel and quite possibly a similar finish. But mine will have a rosewood neck, 25" scale and will be hollow. Maybe even with a single "f" hole of some kind. Still thinking if I'll use a TOM bridge plus some kind of wooden tailpiece anchored at the strap button or a simple wraparound bridge.

Thanks, again, you're too kind. I'm still just a newbie learning from all of your great work.

• 4 weeks later...