neck bolts

MikeB

hey guys, im workin on this ibanez rg style design, and was wondering where i could get the neck bolt things that ibanez use, or what would do as a similar alternative, thats readily available. i wanna make the ergonomic neck joint type thing ibanez do on the rg atm, and dont really want to use a plate..

thanks

mike

i might have to just think of something cunning to make these with, cos the allparts british ppl pincotts dont seem to have em. itll be dad who does the cunning thinkin i think :D if i think of somethin ill post

mike

My RG custom is my beater guitar,Without sounding harsh,I've re-finished it 3 times this year alone,and it's about ready for another go :-(

The neck has been repaired 3 times,been through 2 trems and god knows how many differant pickups and wiring types,it's a test bed for everything i get an idea for

All that abuse,and if anything it's the neck joint that is the most stable part :-)

Rob

Scott Rosenberger Posted on Dec 15 2003, 06:33 PM

You can use standard screws for the 2 screws closest to the bridge. The 2 on the headstock side of the neck are a bit shorter. If you mix up the screws they'll end up running through the fingerboard 

that could prove a bit sore, lol talk about shredding!!! ill keep this in mind, cheers for the response everyone :D

mike