Building A Neck And Headstock Seperate Question

Looking at pics here and the guitars I have, all necks and headstocks are cut out of a single piece of wood, or at least what I have seen.

The issue is, I can make a neck out of a single piece of wood that is 3/4 thick pretty easy (as far as sawing wood).

but the head stock swept back angle is an issue for me.

I dont have a bandsaw that is capable (read: wide enough) of cutting the back angle of a headstock from a single piece of wood wide enough to do this.

Can this be done by glueing the head stock to the neck in some fashion?

Basically is there a way to build the neck and headstock out of 2 seperate pieces of wood and bonding them in a fashion that wont break?

Any pics of a build, or an existing guitar built this way would be a huge help in visualizing if this process is even used.

thanks

I did option one on my V build, and needed to veneer the headstock to get rid of the unSEAMly glue line. I did #2 method on my RG build, and it's looking snazzy! The only thing you have to remember is you need to cut a lot more off your neck blank to get #2 to work, because you'll lose some length where the fretboard sits on.

Yeah, they are really strong there was a video on youtube of some guy stepping on a one piece neck and a scarf jointed one. The one piece broke and the scarf joint didn't. After messing up a scarf jointed neck and stepping on it and jumping a little once or twice I was convinced. I would only do a one piece neck in an acoustic guitar, just because my electrics aren't treated so great but I treat my acoustics great and keep them in a case.

....there was a video on youtube of some guy stepping on a one piece neck and a scarf jointed one....

I was surfing the tube the other day and actually found that video (atleast I think it's the same you're talking about).

He makes a neck and then steps on it, also showing the onepiece neck and what happened to it

Edited by Resodude