ibanez

fidgec94

I thought it'd be rude to actually hijack the other ibanez thread so here's a new one.....In that other thread theres talk of how ibanez improved the floyd. I know the phrases 'low pro' 'the edge II' and 'trs' How many of these have a made up? :D

Are there loads of locking trems that ibanez have produced? Just wondered what ones are considered good or bad etc.

I guess what I was trying to point out in the other thread was ( as far as I know) Ibanez were the first ones to make the low profile on the fine tuners, put piezo's in floyd rose and also the new zero resistance trems look promising too. Ibanez has made a ton of different FR trems but most are just variations. If i am off base on anything the more expreienced froum members will no doubt correct me ( and rightfully so!!!!!)

The Edge trems are generally regarded as Ibanez's best. The TRS trems were on cheaper models and can be a real pain to keep in tune (although some would argue that they're fine). Ibanez recently released the Edge 2, which is said to be as good as the Edge (I haven't played one) and an interesting one they call 'ZR' or 'Zero Resistance' which are supposed to be very nice. Again, I haven't played one, but from what I an see they seem to be like a Wilkinson without the locking.

Check out Jemsite, especially the forums, for lots of info on Ibanez guitars.

I must say that the Edge on my 540S is the best FR-like bridge I've ever played. Dead on tune every time.

'The edge' seems to come on a lot of higher end models and the edge II on ones like the RG370DX. The two trems do look alittle different (i wanna say that the edge looks longer than the edge II, although that might be due to crap pictures im look at). Are there any functional differences between the two or is it construction?

You really sure Ibanez designed the lo pro etc, and not Gotoh? I know they're all fabricated by Gotoh, but could it be Gotoh designed it all?? :D

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Ibanez contracted Gotoh designers to create the unit.

all the trems that i know of are the edge and lo pro (the good ones), the edge pro (the high end new one), the edge pro II (the lower end new one), the Lo TRS (bad double locking), the Lo TRS II (a little better), and the single locking one. I don't know if there are anymore or not.

hia, i have the Lo-TRSII on my ibanez which holds tuning well, but the trem arm keeps wobbling loose, which annoys me, lol. i prefer the TRSII to the EdgeII i compared them in the shop, just preference. i am contimplating putting in a Low Pro bridge or something. i think brian has a tutorial for this....

cyas

mike

• 2 weeks later...