Air Filtration System

avengers63

I'm in the market for an air filtration system for my workshop. I'm looking at the Jet model that is suspended from the ceiling. It goes for $330-$375. Cost is a major consideration, as is space conservation and effectiveness. Any input, suggestions, and testimonies are appreciated. We're trying to avoid cutting a hole in teh basement wall and putting in an exhaust fan.

I'm in the market for an air filtration system for my workshop. I'm looking at the Jet model that is suspended from the ceiling. It goes for $330-$375. Cost is a major consideration, as is space conservation and effectiveness. Any input, suggestions, and testimonies are appreciated. We're trying to avoid cutting a hole in the basement wall and putting in an exhaust fan.

I have a JDS air filter one of the first made mounted on my ceiling. It's always filled on the intake filter when I clean it so I guess its working when I do use it. If I had a choice I would cut a hole in the wall and use a fan. Then you don't have the air circulating in your shop, the filter picks up most dust but it also blows some around as well. Dust is always a problem I have not found a final solution yet.

I don't think there is any differences between the brands except price. Check Grizzly, Jet, JDS and Delta for specs. Make sure that they take standard household heater filter sizes. Speed control is helpful in keeping the dust in one place and during heavy dust making procedures. Also buying the metal mesh filter is a one shot upgrade and you can clean and reuse it. The inner filter should not need replacement in your lifetime.

Hope this helps

I'm in the market for an air filtration system for my workshop. I'm looking at the Jet model that is suspended from the ceiling. It goes for $330-$375. Cost is a major consideration, as is space conservation and effectiveness. Any input, suggestions, and testimonies are appreciated. We're trying to avoid cutting a hole in teh basement wall and putting in an exhaust fan.
John,

Check out Woodcraft. They have a Steel City unit on sale this month for $229.00. A friend just picked one up and it seems to work quite well. It also has washable filters and a 5 year warranty.

Just my .02 cents.

Mike

John,

Check out Woodcraft. They have a Steel City unit on sale this month for $229.00. A friend just picked one up and it seems to work quite well. It also has washable filters and a 5 year warranty.

Just my .02 cents.

Mike

Thanks, buddy. We have a Woodcraft store in St. Louis, too.

John,

Just my .02 cents.

Mike

Thanks, buddy. We have a Woodcraft store in St. Louis, too.

No problem my friend, :D

MK